Thursday, October 17, 2013

To-Do List #2 & #3



Did I mention that I have weekends back again?  And when one is motivated, how much one can actually get done over a weekend?  
#2
I have had this bolt of turquoise fabric I won as a final contestant in the Norwalk Sofa Design Contest two years ago!  Wow yes, that was two years ago when I met Candice Olson.  So I finally made something of the 8 yards a fabric; a beautiful slipcover (shown here un-hemmed and missing a couple of little zips), for Buddy's chair in the kitchen.  The throw on it's arm is from last year's Threshold Collection of home decor at Target, and my inspiration point of colors to pull together for the porch and kitchen colors, the wall color - a coral rose - while looks OK needs repainting and will become more of a cantaloupe color, the two back pillows are my OLD Festive Fibers products, KNIT pillows, which frame a beautiful pillow I have had on my Etsy shop.  That felt piece for the pillow front was actually a demo felt I did during a class at NEFS.

#3
Studio chairs:  I have owned these funky wooden dinette chairs since I was in college.  I bought the set at a HUGE Salvation Army in Queens NY.  The furniture part was like a 3 floor warehouse - amazing.  They have been my kitchen chairs in many lives - 93rd St., Edison, and now Alstead.  Whenever the mood struck I changed the fabric slip seats, and about 15 years ago they were relegated to being my studio chairs.  I have never painted them, until now.   I have a great color scheme in mind for my studio redo (another # on the To-Do List), and I had this pile of samples which I cut and sewed into patchwork.
Here are the chairs, either trash or re-cycle?...
Very cool, as this is the first time I ever noticed the inventory dates on the bottoms, all starting at 1958-1960, and believe me they had at lease 6 layers of slipseat covers, one stapled right over the last.  Not any more, that old stuff removed completely and then a coat of fresh coral paint and some spray polyeurethane, can you say...
 Fabulous!
What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment