Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Costumed Life Drawing

My Favorite things about life drawing:
1. the smell of the art studio
2. everyone set up at easels around the model
3. how warm the studio is
4. art supplies, my favorite is Utretch, I love the Cambridge, Mass location since the manager shipped an order of presentation boards out for me at like 4 in the afternoon, and got them on the fedex truck for me to receive them the next day! You rock!
5. Caran D'Ache NeocolorII Aquarelle
6. The Arts Students League in NYC where I first went in high school, to life study and studied with amazing artists
7. drawing and painting in Charlie Hunter's studio, thank you Charlie!
8. going with both friends Cindy and Carole Anne, both artists in their own rights.

I have posted some of my life drawings over the past few months, and I was finally able to get to this last  session, after having missed almost two months worth!  It was actually one in a series of at least sessions where the models were costumed in outfits from the Walpole, NH Historical Society's and Costume Ladies in Walpole.  I hear the models were quite fun to draw.  This weeks model was in the holiday mood, in a red and green costume and was dubbed the Holiday Wench.  My friend Cindy was there this week, and gave me a set of watercolor pastels so thats the color I played with!
20 minute sketch in graphite
30 minute with water color pastel washes
Sleeping "Holiday Wench" 1 hour graphite and Aquarelle wash

No comments:

Post a Comment