Thursday, October 1, 2009

Felt on the Cape

Look at what three beautiful creative and talented students did!

 
 
 
 

As I explain on the workshop description on my website, the Patterned Felt on the Cape is a 3 year long tradition.  I met Ginny Boylan about 4 years ago, she fell in love with me by stepping into a booth of my work at a show in Massachussets, and I could tell she and I were of like spirits.  BUT!  The moment I stepped into her studio and home I completely understood our connection.  Just so you understand more fully, she hosted me on this trip and I slept in their "Sunshine Suite".  Ginny is a decorative painter, mostly furniture, she gives classes on the Cape, and she will decorate just about anything.

The "Sunshine Suite"

Here's my fiber in her studio


coffee cups for Ginny's painty students



Her living room, new red walls and felt pillows made from our class 2 years ago!
 

Such beautiful attention to color and detail



Ginny's current seasonal project with for her Decorative Painting Class

So we also celebrated our birthdays during the class, Ginny's the day before and mine coming up.  As a treat Ginny made a very decadent cake, a  Chocolate Stout Cake whose recipe is from the Barrington Brewery, Great Barrington, MA

and then Nancy brought a plate of some very delicious ginger molasses cookies , all too very delicious
 
I love what Barbara wrote to us all when she got home, "Today I see my felted projects in a whole new light.... can see the progression and similarities of those done 2 years ago to today and must say that not only was the class extremely educational for me, the good company of so many Libras in one room  was wonderful for this pioneering, yet "following" Ram, AND the cookies and cake were sensational!!!"
 
and Nancy had some equally nice words to say, "Thanks for a fabulous day today!!! It’s a real luxury for me to have the entire day  to — create something I love, spend time with engaging and talented women and eat orgasmic chocolate cake!! Happy Birthday to you both and thank you again!!!!"  Ladies I hope you don't mind that I quoted you!  Thank you


No comments:

Post a Comment