Thursday, December 8, 2011

Christmas Tree Skirts

As I decorate the house for the holidays I have come to realize that I want a new and fabulous Christmas Tree Skirt.  I have been using a piece of fabric I designed when I worked at Cranston Home Fashions, and after we moved to New Hampshire, the pattern on it seemed just perfect for my skirt, though with all great intentions to somehow finish it (line with a wonderful wool fabric or some such thing)  I have not gotten around to it.  SO I thought "what can I find out there on the world wide web" for inspiration.  And yes I am thinking FELT.  Patterned? Or maybe edged with dimensional objects, a winter scene with cutie little animals, a nativity, I'm not sure but I am feeling the creative juices flowing.  So while poking around on-line, I came across a few skirts that said, "Nicole".  We'll have to see how these fun references inspire me and my new tree skirt...   
Anthrolopogie Catalog Holiday 2011 Selection

Tree Skirt posted by thisnext

Tree Skirt by RedMarionette Etsy

Kaleidescope Tree Skirt by Chicago Lost and Found
Tree Skirt (pattern) by Fiber Artist Deb Karasik





No comments:

Post a Comment