Tuesday, May 3, 2011

YELLOW

This time of year in my yard always makes me love the color yellow.  The forsythia are in full bloom, albeit this year their blooms look more like they are wearing skirts with all the flowers open at the bottom and not much up top.  What's with that?   And I just came in from plucking dandelions out of the grass.  A couple of weeks ago I made a color combination challenge, posted a photo and asked people to send in their color combination they made from the inspiration.  No one played with me!   This week I am going to challenge you and me in another way by using the color YELLOW in a challenge of ANY sort of creation.  I am painting, and felting, cooking and decorating.  I wonder what I will come up with?  And I wonder who will play with me this week?  When you have finished your YELLOW creations upload them onto my facebook fan page...can't wait.  Hmm I am also cleaning around the house and am about to hang my yellow sheets on the line to dry

3 comments:

  1. Hi, I'm new to your site and just wanted to drop you a line telling you how much I LOVE your work. I've often thought of toying with felting in upholstery, and your site might just be the encouragement I need to try it. Wish you were closer to MI so I could take some classes with you!
    Kristi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kristi, welcome. I love all of my felt upholstered furniture pieces I have that live in my home. I am even toying with a new piece of inspiration now that I have put out my YELLOW challenge. But I have to say, I have done two very successful on-line video private classes so far this year, and I would love to do more. You can e-mail me privately at nicoleatfestivefibersdotcom, and we can talk more about that, and as a side, where in MI are you?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi again,

    I'm in the Grand Rapids area, west side of the state. Felting is new to a lot of people here so it's a fun medium to be working in, just wish we had more local suppliers. I see you buy from New England Felting Supply, do you work in c-1 then? I imagine merino isn't durable enough for upholstery.

    I will send you an email about classes.

    Thanks again,
    Kristi

    ReplyDelete